The use of full headers is preferred for several reasons which are as follows:
- The first line of a server header includes a response code indicating that the success or failure of the operation
- One of the server header fields will be Content-type:, which specifies that a MIME type to describe how the document should be interpreted.
- If the document has moved, the server can specify its new location with a Location: field and allowing the client to transparently retry the request using the new URL.
- WWW-Authenticate: and the Authorization: fields allow access controls to be placed on Web documents.
- The Referer: field allows the client to tell the server the URL of the document that triggered this request and permitting savvy servers to trace clients through a series of requests.
Reference : Dilip Kumar Jena ( https://mstechexplore.wordpress.com )