New features in C# for the .NET SDK 2.0 (corresponding to the 3rd edition of the ECMA-334 standard) are:
- Partial classes allow class implementation across more than one source file. This permits splitting up very large classes.
- Generics or parameterized types.
- Static classes that cannot be instantiated, and that only allow static members. This is similar to the concept of module in many procedural languages.
- Anonymous delegates.
- The accessibility of property accessors can be set independently.
- Nullable value types which provides improved interaction with SQL databases.
- Coalesce operator: (
??) returns the first of its operands which is not null (or null, if no such operand exists):
Reference : Dilip Kumar Jena ( https://mstechexplore.wordpress.com )